Monday, September 14, 2009

REsponse to Kelly W Hines...

Kelly Hines
When reading Kelly W Hines' blog about teaching and technology, I had much to agree with but I also had some ideas that I disagreed with. I do agree with the implication of Kelly Hines' ideas. I do think that teachers should be able to their jobs without relying on technology to convey the information, but if they are teaching successfully they will be integrating technology.

I can not get my little brother (who is a junior in high school) to read his textbooks. He relies solely on the notes he has taken and the projects which relate the concept of the lesson to him better. (These projects include some type of Internet usage to find recent information about a concept)He will hold conversations about the concepts he's learning because through the usage of technology he has ingested the information willingly and applied it collaboratively. New generations are born with cell phones in their hands and computers next to their cribs!

2 comments:

  1. And soon they will be born with them in their circuitry.

    Good post! I agree with you in your reservation about Ms. Hines' position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I understand your reservations, but I'm afraid that I must not have done a good job of conveying the root of my ideas. Technology can offer an essential component to learning. The use of technology as a gadget or a catch or a reward is not what I have in mind, though. The use of technology to change instruction to be more meaningful and rich, on the other hand, is key to learning!

    ReplyDelete